Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Think the Rain Is Getting To Me!

That sounds good, anyway! I have been a slug the past two days. I'm not having sleepless nights anymore, but my energy level has been really low. Yesterday I had a headache right behind my eyes. I took a nap, trying to get rid of it, but I ended up having to take some Tylenol to make it go away. Wes always asks, when I have a headache, if I've taken anything, and I always answer NO. I don't know why, but I hate to take medicine for a headache. Maybe because taking medicine acknowledges that all is not well?

Anyway, I feel better today, just low-energy. Beth and I finally took a walk this afternoon to the library and the little mall about 2 blocks away. It wasn't raining when we started out the door, but a few steps down the sidewalk and it started. So we turned around and got our umbrellas and walked anyway. We were gone for 1 1/2 hours! I love going to the library, and my family just about has to drag me out of there.

Speaking of walking, Wes had to work on the car today. He noticed yesterday that the brakes were scrubbing, so he decided to fix them himself. The cost was less than half what it would be for a mechanic to do it. He broke a ratchet halfway through the process, so he had to walk down to the mall and buy a new one. Of course, they don't sell just a ratchet, so he ended up buying a whole new set of them. He wasn't super thrilled about that, but they weren't that expensive, either, so I think it'll be ok. Long story short, he had the brakes fixed in a couple of hours!

So that was our day. Not a lot of excitement, but that can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin