Sunday, January 08, 2006

I Can't Sleep

For the past week, I've had insomnia. This is very unusual for me. Although I can't fall asleep as fast as Wes does (say, 30 seconds, flat), I usually don't have any problems falling asleep. For several nights this past week, though, it's taken me anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to fall asleep. Last night, we went to bed at 10:30, and it was 2:30 this morning before I finally fell asleep! I finally got up around 1:30, but went back to bed around 2:00, because today is Sunday and I really don't want to be tired on Sunday morning. Well, I woke up this morning at 8:00! I usually get up around 6:45 to shower, then have time to fix breakfast and get the family fed around 8:30, without having to rush around. I hate a rushed Sunday morning! Everything turned out ok; I just put myself in high gear.

Last night, as I lay awake, I tried to figure out why I'm having trouble going to sleep. I'm not worried or anxious about anything. I'm not sick; I feel fine. In fact, I'm not even tired. I haven't been drinking coffee, which will keep me awake if I drink it at night. Wes was very encouraging this morning . . . he said he's heard that people don't need as much sleep when they get older. Hmm. He pulls this "older" card about this time every year. My birthday is in April and his is in May. We were born the same year. I'm a whole 6 weeks older than he is! Anyway, I can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe it's just a phase of some sort. I wish it would pass, though, because lying in bed staring at the ceiling is not my idea of fun. Any ideas or suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Susan, have your daughter give you a good long foot rub after a nice soaking. Sometimes my daughter either does my feet or my face, and that night I sleep so well!

    Of course how would you know that last night was the night to ask for such a foot rub? Just make sure you catch up on sleep the next few nights...and for me, a foot rub does it every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insomnia is the pits! I've been struggling with it myself this week due to my fibromyalgia (I cycle in and out of good sleep - few weeks on, few weeks off) so I can totally sympathize. I don't have any advice for you though - sorry!

    Hope you sleep better tonight and the next few nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I drink warm milk. I think one of my Grandmas told me to do that if I couldn't go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin