Thursday, December 01, 2005

Yep, We're Finally Home!

We actually arrived home last night about this time, after spending 13 hours in airports and on airplanes. We emptied suitcases, looked at the mail, checked e-mail, and went to bed. By the time I got in the bed, I'd been up for 22 hours. Ugh! I do love to fly, but I believe I've had my fill of it for now.

We had a great vacation - a wonderful time with family and even some old friends. We visited with Wes's family in NC on Monday and Tuesday. Monday was spent at his brother's house, with all the brothers and the baby sister there. The only ones missing were their parents, missionaries in Jamaica. We saw our newest nephew for the first time (also did this with two babies on my side of the family too). He looked like a girl in the ultrasound, but he turned out to be a boy - oops! We love him to pieces, though, and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen - just smiled and bounced, bounced and smiled! Wes had fun playing some car wrecking computer game with his brothers and our boys, while we sisters-in-law had a chance to catch up on what's been going on with us.

On Tuesday, we visited Wes's grandparents. They're the last of our grandparents still living in our family. They're precious people, 86 years old, married almost 66 years. They live in the same farmhouse that Wes's grandfather was born in - I love that house - and still live alone. Although they do have a few health problems, they're doing very well. Grandmother had to give the kids cookies and ice cream at 10:30 in the morning! She sent us home with ziploc baggies of cookies too, which came in handy on the plane the next day.

I plan to post some pictures soon of our family gatherings. I'm trying to decide if I want to just post them here on my blog, or if I want to try to find some kind of photo album. I just don't have the time to figure it out right now, so I'll probably just post them here.

It's so good to be home! Even with snow on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Home, Susan! Glad you had a good time and hope the recuperation period doesn't last too long.

    You were missed! I kept clicking over this week to your site to see if you were back (I'm waiting for my sister to come at Christmas to show me how to set up bloglines). :)

    It will be fun to see your pictures. Anyway, just wanted to welcome you home; I prayed for your flight.

    And just how did that scarf turn out? Hmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb! I've yet to take a picture of that crazy scarf! LOL I did the whole thing on the first flight, then put it away for the rest of the trip except to show it to my mom. She and my sister are making one now! I still have to do the finishing touches, then I'll take a picture and post it. It really did turn out pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin