Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Our Family is Praising the Lord Tonight!

I didn't say anything on here, but my mother went into the hospital on Saturday. Her hemoglobin was dangerously low, and the doctors were puzzled as to where she was losing blood and why her body wasn't making more. A few months ago, Mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She hasn't felt very well since then, and she'd been getting weaker and weaker as the weeks went by. When we were there a few weeks ago, I noticed that she didn't have a lot of energy and tired very quickly. I assumed it was because of the heart problem.

While Mother was in the hospital, the doctors ran every kind of test you can think of, trying to find out what was wrong. They checked her out thoroughly, and the only thing they could find was a large hiatal hernia. NOTHING else was wrong. The conclusion her doctor came to is that the blood vessels in the hernia were bursting, which was the source of the bleeding. So they've given her iron and things like that to rebuild her blood and medicine to help with the hernia and her blood pressure, and I'm pleased to say she's home tonight resting in her own bed! I just talked to her on the phone and she sounds fantastic! The doctor will keep an eye on her hemoglobin and hernia, but otherwise she's totally healthy. So we're praising the Lord at our house - and I'm sure in several other houses down in upstate SC too!

3 comments:

  1. well that was a very plesent ending congradulations and wish her good luck in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a praise Susan! I am glad to hear such good news! And that puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin