Friday, December 23, 2005

Ok . . . Here's Where We Are

The good news . . . I'm on my own computer. The bad news . . . it's only temporary. I don't know how to explain it all. Wes was putting it all back together last night, and somewhere along the way, it lost everything again, even with the brand new hard drive. So he got to looking at it, and found that there's something wrong with the motherboard (I think that's what he said). He's consulted with several other computer geeks, and they all agree. The hard drive was just a symptom, not the cause. So . . . he put my old hard drive back in and just kept turning it on over and over till it booted up. When it finally booted up, he backed up all my info (so you don't have to e-mail me after all! LOL), and instructed me to never turn it off again. What??? He said there's no guarantee that it will come back on if I turn it off. So this is a temporary thing. I know I won't be able to keep it on indefinitely. I don't know how long I'll have it, and I don't know what we'll do when it goes kaput again. He did call the computer store and they'll take the new hard drive back and refund the cost, minus a 15% restocking fee. I'm so glad about that! It wasn't as much as a new computer, but I didn't just want that money to be wasted.

Well, I'm going to get off of here now and go practice what I've been learning about having more time off the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin