Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's My Brother's Birthday!

Today is my baby brother's birthday. Jason was born when I was 17, a senior in high school. I will never forget the day that I finally had a baby brother! I stood in the hallway at school and cried. I think all my classmates thought I'd lost my mind. You see, I had been an only child for the first 16 years of my life. I gained a brother and a sister when my dad remarried, but when they told us a few months later that they were expecting a baby, I was ecstatic! I had always wanted a little brother. Now Robyn, my sister, did not want another brother; this time she wanted a sister. When I got to the school office to take the phone call from our dad, Robyn was already there, and I could tell by her face that I had gotten my wish! LOL The Baby Brother was finally a reality!

Today, Jason turns 23. I'm sure Robyn has gotten over her disappointment by now. Jason is married to a beautiful lady, and they have 3 of the most adorable children I've ever known (and I'm not a bit biased - just ask my parents if they're not adorable children!). Jason is the pastor of Cherry Mountain Baptist Church in Bostic, NC. We dropped by there for their Sunday night service after Thanksgiving and met his wonderful congregation. I even got to hear him preach for the first time that night! Jason loves hunting and music, and he's quite good at both. I think it was an 8-point deer he shot just before Thanksgiving. He taught himself to play the guitar, and he's done some accompanying for our mother and sister on several CD's.

Jason, we love you! You've become a young man of character and faith, one that is striving to please the Lord in your daily life. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Susan. Thanks for the kind remarks! I did have a happy Birthday! We are very proud of you and your family! Keep up the good work there in Canada! Continue praying for me and my family as we will yours. I preached on spiritual addiction tonight from 1 Corinthians 16:15 "I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)"

    I am thankful that all of my Fathers children are "addicted to the ministry of the saints!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin