Thursday, October 13, 2005

Walk Away the Pounds Review

Deb asked yesterday what I thought of the music on the WATP video that I got from the library. To be honest, I didn't even notice the music yesterday when I exercised! I was more worried about just getting through the thing. But today, I made sure to listen to the music and develop an opinion (opining is one of my favorite hobbies!).

I have the One Mile Get Up and Get Started (yes, Jamie, we're doing the same one!). The music does have a beat to it. BUT . . . the music is very much in the background. It's not a driving beat that overtakes the video; it's setting the tempo for your walking. So if you don't like any beat at all, I'd say you're going to be disappointed in this one; but if you don't mind it simply for setting the pace for your walk, you won't find it offensive. Personally, I don't have a problem with it because it didn't make me want to dance, it didn't overpower the whole workout, and was very subdued. I would recommend checking it out of the library or getting it from Netflix to see if it's something you want to purchase.

Other things about the video: It's 20 minutes exactly for the walk, then a couple more minutes for stretching at the end. Leslie Sansone is dressed very modestly for an exercise video, although some of the ladies with her are not dressed as modestly. There aren't any leotards, though! LOL Leslie is very energetic, but not to the point that you feel you have to hurt yourself to do well. She even says that if you aren't able to do every move, just at least keep walking. I found the moves to be very easy - except where I lack coordination, such as reaching and kicking at the same time. Overall, I like it, and I plan to use this one for the 2 weeks I have it checked out, then I'll try another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin