Sunday, October 23, 2005

They're Learning After All

You know how you teach kids, whether homeschooling, Sunday school, or school, and wonder if they're realling getting it? Have you taught effectively? Do they understand, or are they just going through the motions with you? This morning I had the opportunity to see first-hand that my Sunday school students are learning and applying what they learn to their lives.

In Patch the Pirate Club on Wednesday nights, we've been learning about perserverance. I've emphasized to my students that they should "keep on pluggin' away" - their song for the month - till the job is done, even when it gets hard. This morning, one of my students told me, "I perservered this week!" Yes, she even used the word "perservered!" She and her brother had raked leaves yesterday, and she was very pleased with herself for sticking with the job until it was done. So did her brother; he was sure I knew that he had perservered too! ;) And I was so pleased that they are actually listening, learning, and applying what they've learned that I almost burst with pride at their accomplishment. This is the reward of teaching!

2 comments:

  1. That's so neat, Susan! It feels so good when you realize that you have made a difference in someone's life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. Oh, I love the little tykes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin