Monday, October 03, 2005

Taking a Couple of Days Off

Our family is in a missions conference in WA today and tomorrow, so I'll be taking a couple of days off. We're not leaving till this afternoon, but I have quite a bit to do today. I'm looking forward to having a whole day out tomorrow! No school, no housework . . . just relax and enjoy - a nice little break.

It's been over a year since we've been a guest family in a missions conference. We were in dozens of them while we were traveling for our ministry, and we always came away refreshed and amazed at how generous God's people are. We made many new friends along the way, stayed in people's homes, ate meals with so many different people . . . and drove thousands and thousands of miles. I'm glad this one is just a couple of hours away! I'm still not ready to travel again! We also don't care much for fast food anymore. How many times can you eat at McDonald's or Wendy's before you get sick of it? Even the kids don't care much for fast food now!

I'll be back on Wednesday with a report of how the conference went. Have a good week!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin