Saturday, October 08, 2005

A Brand New Church

Have you ever been involved in the birth of a church? It's a very exciting thing! We went to downtown Vancouver this morning to help distribute tracts in anticipation of the opening of Urban Community Baptist Church, in the heart of Vancouver. There were 105 people from 6 different independent Baptist churches there to help, and we blanketed the downtown area with gospel tracts. My spot was just outside a major skytrain terminal, and I was able to put tracts in the hands of dozens of people this morning. Many people refused them, many took them and stuffed them in their bags, but I was blessed to see quite a few people open them and begin reading. God has promised that His Word will not return void - Isa 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Please pray with us for the people of downtown Vancouver, and drop by UCBC's website and let Pastor & Mrs. Beliveau know that you're praying for them!

2 comments:

  1. Deborah South11:44 PM

    HI! Don't forget that my aunt, uncle, and cousins live in Portland, OR. He is part owner in Jubitz Truck Stop (Fred Jubitz is my uncle, my Aunt Gail, cousins: Matthew, David & Neal) All of them need the Lord. What a blessing if someone could witness to them and they would listen! Have a great time in Portland guys!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Deborah! If you'll e-mail me the family's address, I can have Samuel pass it along to someone at the church there in Portland. I had forgotten that your Aunt Gail lives there! The conference will keep the boys busy, but I'm sure someone would go buy and visit from the church.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin