Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Boys and Baseball

Baseball is not a hugely popular sport in Canada. As you might guess, hockey is THE sport here! LOL But we have in our home an American boy who loves baseball, and the World Series is playing this week. So Samuel has invited 5 of his Canadian friends to watch game 3 of the World Series tonight. Of course, we're pulling for the Astros (due to the absence of the Rangers in the World Series!). One of the boys, when Samuel called him, said, "But there's a hockey game on tonight!" To which Samuel replied, "It's just a little one." Well, to a Canadian, I don't think there is such a thing as a little hockey game, but Phil said he'd come anyway. We'll have pizza and everybody can pile up in the living room to watch the game. Beth and I are thinking of a getaway this evening; seven boys and baseball is a bit much for us girls!

7 comments:

  1. Awww, Susan! Baseball is fun! But, you're right...in the same room with all those guys? maybe you and your daughter should go shopping :)

    Two of my kids (20 yr old son and 18 yr old daughter) are really into hockey this year. They listen to a hockey game on the computer just about every evening. I was getting a little tired of hearing hockey each night, and I asked when the season would be over. They said in unison, "Next April!"

    Oh, my! Can I endure it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Let me clarify! Baseball is my favorite of all sports. No sport is Beth's favorite. I like all the boys that are coming tonight, but with our 2 and Wes, that's 8 males to just us two females! LOL We may not go anywhere, but Beth is begging. I've been wanting to go to a bookstore and just browse, and she really needs a haircut. So we'll see . . .

    And yes, hockey season ends in April . . . just as baseball season starts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, there's a baseball game tonight? Bummer! LOL My husband is watching the world series too. So I guess I know what he'll be doing tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I was right. Hehehehe It was a loooooong game too. My husband stayed up to watch it all. Did the boys watch the whole game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, they didn't watch the whole thing. Samuel stayed up till 11:00, which was 1:00 in Texas, and then Wes said he had to go to bed. If it had been the 7th game he would have let him stay up! LOL

    So your dh was up till what - 3 AM or so?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to add that the boys who were over here were all gone home by 10:00! They all had school today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband's head hit the pillow at 2:24, or so he tells me. :) I was sound asleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin