Monday, September 19, 2005

I Have Corn in my Freezer!

While Wes and I were on the way back from the farm on Friday, we saw several produce stands along the way, so we stopped at one. We bought corn, apples, and pears. We ate some of the corn Friday night, and this afternoon I blanched, wrapped, and froze the rest of the ears. I've never done that before, but I sure like the nice bags of corn sitting in my little freezer! I'd love to make cream style corn from fresh corn. I don't like the canned kind at all, but when my mother and grandmother made it from fresh corn, I couldn't get enough of it! They cut the tips off the kernels, then scraped the milky juice out and cooked it in a cast iron skillet with butter, salt, and pepper. One of these days I'll try it; I'm not sure if my family will like it or not, so I'm chicken!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm sounds good! I have never had fresh creamed corn. It sounds good! I don't like the canned stuff either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sounds good! I love the canned stuff! :) But fresh is always better. You do it first then come back adn tell us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin