Friday, September 23, 2005

Home Alone

Here I sit, all alone. The kids went to Gym Night at Greater Vancouver Baptist Church this evening, and Wes went out early to get them and buy some gas on the way, while it's cheap (right!). I enjoy a few minutes alone here and there. The quiet is nice, although I have turned on some music. When I'm online, I like to listen to Faith Music Missions. They always have good music, and it's nice to have on in the background while I do other things.

Today was a pretty relaxed day. I had a hard time getting going this morning, but finally got started and got some things accomplished. Laundry is caught up, chocolate cake is waiting in the kitchen for a bedtime snack, a pattern is cut out and waiting, and fall decorations (what few I have) now grace my home. I must say that I'm not a good decorator. My husband and daughter have a better eye for it than I do - maybe I should just get them to do it for me?! Nah . . . Wes will comment and give suggestions, but I don't think he'd actually do any decorating.

The chocolate cake is made from leftover mashed potatoes! I used to make them years ago, but I lost the recipe I had. Then I thought - wait! The internet has everything; I bet there would be a chocolate potato cake on there. Sure enough, there was, so I whipped one up this afternoon. We don't know how it tastes yet, because we didn't have time at supper to try it before the kids left for gym night. If it's good, I'll post the recipe tomorrow, but if not . . . you'll have to do your own search on it! :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got a few min. by yourself Susan, we all need that at times! :)
    So tell me more about your pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, being "home alone" around here is almost next to impossible. But when it does happen...I'm working on a surprise Christmas present for each of the kids.

    I have to pretend though that I've been sooo busy doing other things while they've been gone :)

    Hope your cake turns out great. Guess we'll know if we check back and find a recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    I just went back and clicked your link to the Faith Music site... from the 3 tracks I heard, it sounds like great conservative music!!! I even wrote down a couple CD names that just might go on my Christmas list. Thanks for pointing us to that link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how was the cake? I have never heard of mashed potatoes in a cake before. I love cake! I love mashed potatoes! Sounds intereting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE LOVE Faith Music!!! We have bunches of their CD's! In fact, we have one playing right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin