Friday, September 09, 2005

Had to Shop Today

Yes, I had to. My regular grocery shopping day is Thursday, but since I went to the doctor yesterday, I decided to wait till today. I hate grocery shopping, so I love putting it off! I'll never go on Friday afternoon again. They were completely out of a couple of things - not even stragglers left on the shelf.

As much as I hate grocery shopping, I love "just me" shopping! I have a little stash of fabric pieces that I've made other things out of, and there's 1 1/2 yards here, 1 yard there. I decided I'd make an apron or two out of my scraps, but I didn't have a pattern. So I sacrificed and went to Wal Mart this evening! I got my pattern and looked at some other ones, but all I bought was the one pattern and the rest of the stuff that the grocery store didn't have. And some chocolate chips. A certain Daddy wanted chocolate chip cookies tonight. Beth is making them now. She's my budding cookie-maker, and I'm glad to give that job to her. I love to bake, but only things that can be put in one pan and baked all at once, like cakes, cupcakes, pies. Cookies drive me bonkers; you're not free from them for 2 hours! LOL

Beth's fingers are looking better today; the cortizone is working. My thumb is really sore though. I think the medicine is working this time. The wart is swollen and red like it's going to "fester up" as my Grandma would say. I keep trying to get the kids to feel how hot it feels, but they look away and go "Gross!" LOL I'm watching it closely since I've never had a wart problem before. The doctor said it would boil up, maybe rupture? I can't remember. But it sure does hurt! You never realize how much you use your thumb until it's sore!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love aprons! Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    I have a recipe I can share with you when we want cookies but don't want to bake batch after batch. I'll get it to you soon. It's called King Kong Cookie and you bake it in one big pizza pan and serve it in pizza slices. And it's always a hit and yummy!

    (Right now it's 4 a.m. and I'm awake and checking blogs to get drowsy...and the recipe is downstairs.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can check out the cookie recipe here:

    http://girottifamily.typepad.com/mountain_musings/2005/09/kongs_big_cooki.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin