Saturday, September 24, 2005

About the Pattern

I mentioned last night that I cut out this pattern yesterday, and Carolyn wanted to know the details. It's just an apron! I'm making view 5, the full bib apron on the left, but without the lace.

Carolyn and I are on a women's forum, Women at the Well, together, and we've discussed there just how OLD you have to be to wear an apron. Now, Carolyn is young, and considered herself too young to wear an apron . . . until she made one while learning to sew! LOL So I kind of got a hankering to make one for myself and bought the pattern a couple of weeks ago, but I just cut the pieces apart yesterday. Can we say "procrastination?"

6 comments:

  1. Oh! I love it! I love aprons! I don't know why I have such a thing for them, but I have ended up with quite a collection of both aprons and patterns!

    You'll have to show us a picture when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to be old to wear an apron - I'm only 26 and I wear one most days. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't learn to wear an apron until just a few years ago (I've been married nearly 21 years). I used to wonder how on earth my shirts got so dirty! LOL I guess I was in my mid to late 30's before I realized that an apron would keep my shirts from getting all those spots. Is that old? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan that is the same pattern I made my apron with! :) I made the bottom right one! Remember the picture? I keep saying I"m going to go back and make the one you mentioned, but at the time it being my first one I wanted the more simpler one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that might be the one you used, but I wasn't sure. You did a great job on it, too! So when are you gonig to try the other one???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,

    Thank you so much for this post! I too love aprons and I read your blog daily for inspiration. I'm a southern gal too!

    penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin