Friday, August 12, 2005

This & That

The skunks are still here. I am now afraid to sit on my patio in the evening, because that's when they like to come out to play. That's also when I water my flowers and sit down to enjoy the cool of the evening and relax a bit!

Wes and I have a date tonight. We're going to act like real, honest-to-goodness Vancouverites and take public transit across to Vancouver. No parking! It'll be fun to get away for a few hours and just be a couple.

I'll be going to get my hair cut sometime today too. I always end up waiting until it's absolutely unmanageable to get it cut. Wes likes my hair curly, so about 6 weeks ago, I got a perm at the local community college. It was a very good price, and the perm is great, but the girl who did my cut just barely cut any off - and it was needing a good cut even then. So now I'm ready to pull it all out, so I guess I'd better go. I have a coupon for $3 off at Great Clips, so guess where I'm going?

We've ordered all the curriculum we need for school this year. It's always late July/early August before we order! We're using mainly Switched-On Schoolhouse, with some Alpha Omega and Saxon thrown in. Wes has Samuel using Landmarks of Baptist Doctrine for Bible class, while Andrew and Beth will be doing The ABC's of Christian Maturity from the same publisher. Samuel did the first half of the doctrines course last year. Wes really likes the materials from this place!

We are enjoying bright, sunny days (it won't be sunny this winter), but the higher temps mean it is hot in the house during the afternoon. Our living room wall is mostly patio doors, and they are west-facing - very hot in the afternoons! Hardly any houses have air conditioning, because it just doesn't get hot enough for long enough to warrant the cost of installing and running an air conditioner. So we sweat it through for about 4 weeks, it seems. Not bad, considering summer lasts about 5 months in Texas, with temps of about 20 degrees hotter! If this is the worst it gets, I can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin