Monday, August 29, 2005

A Site Worth Checking Out

I have a friend who is a missionary in South Africa with her husband and their 4 children. She's the youngest sister of my best friend, Deborah. Deborah and I have been friends since before Grace was born - very shortly before!

Anyway, we've been doing the modest dress posts, and I thought of Grace. Her family takes lots of pictures, and Grace and her girls are in many of them, always in modest dress appropriate for the occasion. I want you to see that you can look stylish, practical, and modest all at once. Modest doesn't mean frumpy, ill-fitting clothes from the trash barrell! Take a few minutes to visit their Photo Gallery, and then click on the link to their home page at the top of the photo gallery page to see more about them and their ministry. Their photo album is pretty self-explanatory. The middle column has all their family pics, and the far right has their field trips and other special occasions in their church and family. The far left column contains their professional portraits they've had done - gorgeous! Under Special Events, look in the Mountain Climbing link about halfway down. There you will see that you can even go hiking in a skirt! I'm so excited to introduce you to the Stacey Shiflett Family!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the photo link. What an encouragement! Truly a lovely lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I enjoyed looking at the pictures..the ones of their youngest girl brought memories of Joseph's stay at Loma Linda! I know a little bit of how they felt! What a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link...I've spent a good part of my morning going back through their blog archives and have enjoyed reading all about this family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family and I have seen the Shifletts before. Wasn't Grace a Young before she was married??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, yes, she was a Young. My dad and her dad went to Bible college together, when her sister Deborah and I were about 11 years old. Grace was born while our dads were in Bible college. Have you ever met any of her brothers and sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think I've seen her brother and his family ( or at least part of it ). He is a preacher and is his name Ron??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin