Friday, August 19, 2005

Random Wanderings . . .

This week has flown by! Once again, I have gone through a week and only blogged a couple of times. I never knew I could find so much to do! LOL I told Wes last night that years ago, I thought my life would be mostly over by my 40th birthday. I thought 40 was the final frontier, as far as an active, productive, interesting life was concerned. But here I am at 40, and finding more and more things to do that are active, interesting, and productive. Wow! Who'd have thought that life continues after 40?

All of this is tongue-in-cheek, of course. As I've grown older, I've realized that there will always be something just around the corner to look forward to. I haven't had a day yet that I didn't have the promise of something coming up that I just didn't want to miss. Yes, I've had days of discouragement, sickness, depression, heartache . . . but life for me is joyful overall! I've never quit looking forward to tomorrow!

Our friends' children are beginning to go away to college, get married, and have children. This is unbelievable to me! Then I realize that my children aren't far behind them. Samuel is 16 and already planning for college and beyond (and he's very level-headed about it all, too, I might add). I can see my children's characters developing, maturing into what they will be as adults, and I can't help but be pleased with what I'm seeing so far. This is satisfaction in life: to see your children mature and begin to shape their own philosophy of life, make their own standards and convictions that in many ways mirror your own. Their interests are taking shape, becoming passions that could lead to a choice of their life's work. What an amazing, exciting thing to raise children! And thus far, all three of our children are walking with the Lord. As I look around and see many children of godly parents turn their backs on their faith, I am thankful that ours are staying close to the Lord . . . thus far. And I bow before the Lord and humbly ask for more of His wisdom to continue training our children, leading them and loving them through our own lives. I've thought a lot about what causes one child to stay with the Lord and what makes another turn from the Lord, but I can't figure it out. All I can do is follow the light the Lord has given us for each step of this path of childrearing, and pray for my children. When all is said and done, each of them will have to make their own decision to serve the Lord or not. Just as I did. Just as my husband did. The final chapter hasn't been written yet on our children . . . or on us either, for that matter. That's why I claim God's grace, because anything I am, anything my children are, is by His grace, and that alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin