Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A New Pattern

One of the things Beth and I bought yesterday was a new pattern. I'm planning to teach her how to cut it out during the next few days, and then begin teaching her to sew when we get our machine back from the repair shop. She is already very creative; she amazes me with her ability to decide she wants to make something and just work at it till it suits her. She has the stuff to be a good seamstress, the kind that can see something she likes and reproduce it. I, on the other hand, have to follow a pattern and rarely stray from it. I'm excited to see the kind of things Beth will do with her talent!
Here is the pattern we bought yesterday. It's a skort, McCalls 4388. The only ones I'd seen before still looked like shorts in the back, but the back views for B and C show that there's a back panel that completely covers the back and looks like a skirt. The front looks like a wrap-around skirt on all three. She and I both like this pattern. We'll be making 2-3 skorts for her to have at camp, and I'd like to make 1 or 2 for myself to wear when I walk.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin